from the Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook
2 TBS of coconut oil or organic extra virgin olive oil if you do not have coconut oil
1 large onion
6 cloves of garlic, diced
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 four-five pound butternut squash, peeled, and cubed
3-4 cups of chopped organic tomatoes
2 cans of coconut milk ( I have used almond milk, good too!)
4 cups of organic vegetable stock
1/2 cup cilantro
Pink Himalyian or Sea Salt to taste
- Chop up the butternut squash – careful, I landed in the ER one time.
- Roast butternut squash in 375 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes, when you take out, add a bit of olive oil.
- Heat coconut or olive oil in large pot, over medium heat add onion, saute then add garlic and chili flakes, stir so no burning
- Add the almost-tender butternut squash to large pot, add the tomatoes, coconut or almond milk, and veggie broth – simmer 20 minutes
- When squash is tender, add cilnatro, then place immersion blender in pot and blend, or begin to ladle chunky soup into a blender.
- Blend to a consistency you like and season to taste
- Voila! Enjoy!